Cozy apple-cinnamon porridge with berries
Getting up on cold autumn days can be very hard, at least for me this is the case. Even better if you have a breakfast that warms you from the inside. The apple porridge with warm berry compote from Deliciously Ella is very easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. It’s ready to eat within maximum 10 minutes, so even if there is not much time for an extensive breakfast during the week, this oatmeal is a very good option to start your day 🙂 It keeps you satisfied until lunch and is rich in fiber to fill up your energy storage.
To diversify it a bit or just adjust it seasonally, you can refine the dish for example by using the Oatmeal Spice by Just Spices, adding a bit of cinnamon or any other spice you like 🙂 Also seasonal fruits or different fruit compotes (from apples and pears, cherries, figues or even pumpkin) will give it an individual character. In my version of the recipe, I also add chia seeds.
So here’s everything you need (serving one person):
- 35g rolled oats
- 5g chia seeds
- 200ml almond milk (or any other milk you like)
- 1 apple
- 100g frozen berries
- First, mix the chia seeds with 2-3 table spoons of water and let it swell for a few minutes.
- During the swelling time of the chia seeds, grate the apple on a shredding machine/grater and put it into your cooking pot together with the rolled oats and the milk.
- Add the chia gel and the spices you like (cinnamon etc.) and heat up the mixture. Let it boil for approximately 7-10 minutes at medium heat. (If you want, you can add some sweeter)
- In another pot, heat up the frozen berries and bring them to the boil as well.
- Remove the porridge from the hot plate and leave it for a few minutes. Through this, the porridge will thicken again a bit so it’s more creamy.
- Fill the oatmeal in your breakfast bowl and top it with the berry compote and enjoy 🙂
Note: If you want you can also top it with some maple syrup or rice syrup.